jueves, 21 de noviembre de 2013

Decisions, decisions and What should I do?


Last class we worked with units 6C and 6D (modals may/might and should/shouldn´t)
Here are some examples:

Possibility

I need a new computer but I don´t know how to pay for it, I may/might use my credit card.

Permission

May I come in?

Advice

If you want to improve your listening skills, you should watch sitcoms and movies.
If you are on a diet, you shouldn´t eat sweets and fast food.

A similar modal verb is ought to/ought not to:

You ought to be on time if you want to make a good impression.
If you have a cold, you ought not to smoke.

Homework

Workbook: Units 6C and 6D
Student´s book: page 152 Vocabulary Bank get
Practice for the mini test: review Unit 5 and do the exercises on pgs. 62-63

Links I recommend:

Lesson C and lesson D-Grammar exercises
Advice on writing your CV-Listening
Writing your CV-Reading
Sarah´s Interview-Video
Lend vs borrow-Video
Song: "We are the champions" Interactive listening exercise






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario